The Commonwealth Youth Peace Ambassadors Network (CYPAN) brings together young people from across the Commonwealth to upscale and optimise grassroots, national, regional and Pan-Commonwealth efforts to promote peace, respect & understanding and preventing violent extremism. These young people range from community-level and policy-level peace advocates and includes young people who use alternative methods to peace-building from photographers to cartoonists to sportspeople. CYPAN aims at fostering collaboration between members and creates space for policy advocacy as it relates to peace and countering violent extremism. It is an initiative that is completely youth-led and supported by the Commonwealth Secretariat.
The membership of CYPAN spans all Commonwealth regions (Africa, Asia, Caribbean and Americas, Europe, Pacific) and includes young people who work to promote respect and understanding as well as those who work in the heart of conflict zones of countries such as India, Pakistan and Cameroon.
The purpose of this website is to create a platform for CYPAN members and partners to communicate with each other and share good practices while profiling the great work being done across the Commonwealth. You will be able to:
- Connect with Peace Ambassadors and share the work you do as a Peace Ambassador
- Connect with Peace Organisations and share the work being done by your organisation
- Contribute to a library of resources on peace, conflict, dialogue, etc
- View the library of resources
- Get involved in upcoming activities near you
- Share your upcoming events
- Benefit from web training and learn about opportunities for face to face training
- Join various conversation on social media
- Read and share blogs related to youth and peace
Read more about CYPAN – our history, vision and mission here.